The Linda and Mitch Hart World Crossroads Gallery: 1946 – 2007
Post-war Dallas identifies new directions and, following national tragedy, reinvents itself for the 21st century.
In the immediate post-war era, communities saw their boundaries expand dramatically, and once-sleepy county towns became boomtowns. The Metroplex blossomed from national significance to international prominence during this period. Dallas County became noted for a television show, professional sports and its concentration of Fortune 500 corporations. The future of Dallas County begins here.
What you’ll find in the World Crossroads Gallery:
- Tom Landry’s trademark fedora
- Memorabilia from past and present sports figures
- Posters and films from Harlemwood, Dallas’ prominent African-American filmmaking center
- Handcuffs worn by Lee Harvey Oswald
- J.R. Ewing’s famous Stetson hat from the popular television show, Dallas