Jobs/ Volunteer/ Internships
No job postings at this time.
The Old Red Museum of Dallas County History & Culture is excited to connect the community through local history. We play a proud role in preserving this heritage and invite you to become involved in this process! The Old Red Museum has a strong volunteer program that uniquely prepares volunteers for interacting with visitors and interpreting local history. Through guided training, a structured environment and flexible ways of serving, volunteers are equipped to share the stories of Dallas County with visitors from around the world.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Education Assistant (NON-PAID INTERNSHIP)
The Education Intern will assist staff in leading and facilitating current history programs, history labs, and student museum visits. The Education Assistant will be the primary contact for schools and groups to book tours and programs throughout the spring semester. The Education Assistant will also assist the education department in yearly mailings and office responsibilities on as-needed basis.
The Education Intern will assist staff in leading and facilitating current history programs, history labs, and student museum visits. This position will assist education staff in implementing programs including: summer camp/ day care programs; curriculum-based school programs for elementary, middle, and high school students; and family day gallery activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree (IN PROGRESS) in history, education, museum education or related field required.
- Candidates should possess excellent written communication skills and be able to talk confidently and helpfully to large groups of people and with museum staff, visitors, and teachers.
- An appreciation for North Texas history is helpful.
- Candidate should be available at 8-16 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am to 2pm.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, public speaking and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with current education theories and trends, especially in the museum setting.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office necessary.
- Must be able to handle many activities and projects simultaneously.
- Must be friendly and have a helpful disposition for dealing with the public.
If interested in this non-paid internship please send cover letter and resume to Brooke Creek, Education and Programs Director, at email@example.com.
*Internships may be available in many areas of the Museum including collections & exhibits, education, marketing & communications and operations.
**For information on the internships being offered currently, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (214) 745-1100.