Seasonal Guest Services Representative
This brief job profile is to give a general idea of the job and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. In our employees, we look for a passion to anticipate and meet those who visit our museum in a courteous and efficient manner. English verbal communication skills; second language a plus.
Department: Operations/ Guest Services
Reports To: Operations Director/ Guest Services Manager
Type of Position: Seasonal Part Time
Brief General Job Description:
Responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction from the moment a guest arrives at the museum until they leave. Serve as the main point of contact for all guests requests/needs and then pursuing the issue to a resolution. The agent must exhibit courteous hospitality at all times and must be proactive in every area. Duties will include processing payments for admission, performing daily register counts, answering telephone, and other duties as assigned. Must have a pleasant attitude and excellent demeanor. Must work well under pressure. Schedule flexibility is necessary.
- Responds quickly to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier's report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
- Be knowledgeable in local and surrounding areas.
- Revenue optimization through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for the guest.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows and enforces company policies and procedures.
NOTE: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Able to work independently, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Requires standing/walking/bending throughout shift and able to lift, carry and push up to 75 pounds
- Great customer service, verbal, and written skills
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills and ability to project a positive attitude over the telephone
- Able to work all shifts and flexible schedules including weekends, nights, and holidays
Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred
- Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Collegiate education a plus
For more information, please email: email@example.com.
Position: Education Assistant (NON-PAID INTERNSHIP)
The Education Intern will assist staff in leading and facilitating current history programs, history labs, and student museum visits. The Education Assistant will be the primary contact for schools and groups to book tours and programs throughout the spring semester. The Education Assistant will also assist the education department in yearly mailings and office responsibilities on as-needed basis.
The Education Intern will assist staff in leading and facilitating current history programs, history labs, and student museum visits. This position will assist education staff in implementing programs including: summer camp/ day care programs; curriculum-based school programs for elementary, middle, and high school students; and family day gallery activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree (IN PROGRESS) in history, education, museum education or related field required.
- Candidates should possess excellent written communication skills and be able to talk confidently and helpfully to large groups of people and with museum staff, visitors, and teachers.
- An appreciation for North Texas history is helpful.
- Candidate should be available at 8-16 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am to 2pm.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, public speaking and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with current education theories and trends, especially in the museum setting.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office necessary.
- Must be able to handle many activities and projects simultaneously.
- Must be friendly and have a helpful disposition for dealing with the public.
If interested in this non-paid internship please send cover letter and resume to Brooke Creek, Education and Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Internships may be available in many areas of the Museum including collections & exhibits, education, marketing & communications and operations.
**For information on the internships being offered currently, e-mail email@example.com or call (214) 745-1100.
The Old Red Museum of Dallas County History & Culture is excited to connect the community through local history. We play a proud role in preserving this heritage and invite you to become involved in this process! The Old Red Museum has a strong volunteer program that uniquely prepares volunteers for interacting with visitors and interpreting local history. Through guided training, a structured environment and flexible ways of serving, volunteers are equipped to share the stories of Dallas County with visitors from around the world.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.